Saint James the Pilgrim
This delicate image of Saint James the Pilgrim is a recreation in jet of the stone sculpture relocated in the lower body of the Clock Tower, along with other images, and it might have been an offering to the Apostle.
It is dated 1919 and signed by Enrique Mayer, son of an Austrian-born master watchmaker settled in Compostela, who started a family line of jeters and silversmiths that has survived to this day and which, along with other families, recovered this important Compostela tradition, of which this piece is a good example, thanks to the aforementioned Enrique Mayer.
Promote: Fundación Catedral de Santiago
Collaborate: S. A. de Xestión do Plan Xacobeo – Xunta de Galicia
Project Manager: Ramón Yzquierdo Peiró
Scanning and image processing: Margen / Elipseeg.com
Graphic Design: La Cosa Gráfica
Fundación Catedral de Santiago
Casa do Deán, Rúa do Vilar, 1
15705 Santiago de Compostela · (España)
Ph.: +34 981 569 327
The partial or total reproduction of the contents of this website is forbidden without the authorisation of the Fundación Catedral de Santiago.
All rights reserved.