Cross with pearls
Due to its stylistic characteristics, it is believed to have been created in a Parisian workshop in the last decades of the 14th century, and its presence in the Compostela Treasure would correspond to a pilgrimage offering yet to be identified and prior to the year 1426, when it already appears collected in inventories. Later on, in the first decades of the 16th century, it underwent some modifications after the removal of some stones, which are mentioned in previous descriptions, and the placement of new ones.
Promote: Fundación Catedral de Santiago
Collaborate: S. A. de Xestión do Plan Xacobeo – Xunta de Galicia
Project Manager: Ramón Yzquierdo Peiró
Scanning and image processing: Margen / Elipseeg.com
Graphic Design: La Cosa Gráfica
Fundación Catedral de Santiago
Casa do Deán, Rúa do Vilar, 1
15705 Santiago de Compostela · (España)
Ph.: +34 981 569 327
The partial or total reproduction of the contents of this website is forbidden without the authorisation of the Fundación Catedral de Santiago.
All rights reserved.